Camping is available and a great way
to enhance your multiple day event
COME CAMP WITH US!
We are only minutes away from the beach and events such as Nascar and Firefly!
The Delaware State Fairgrounds offers overnight accommodations in the Grove Camping area and Central camping with water and electric hook-ups during the fair’s off season (August – June)**.
**Water and restrooms are shut off and winterized in cold weather months. Please inquire.
See “General Camping” below to review rules and regulations. If you would like to book camping please click the “General Camping Reserve Your Space” button below. If you have any questions please call us at 302-398-3269.
PLEASE NOTE: All sales are final. No refunds can be honored. Due to COVID-19 Restriction Public restrooms and showers will NOT be available unless you are camping with an event.
Camping Fee: $40 per night per camper / RV. Dump Stations are included with camping fee.
The Delaware State Fairgrounds offers overnight accommodations in the Grove Camping area and the Central camping area with electric and water hook-ups during the fair’s off season (August – June)**. In addition to onsite amenities such as Harrington Raceway and Casino and the Centre Ice Arena, nearby attractions include Delaware beaches, historic downtown Dover, Tanger Outlet Center (tax-free shopping), Jungle River Safari Waterpark, Pizzadili Vineyard and Winery, and Dogfish Head Craft Brewery just to name a few.
30 amp service with some 50 amp service available
Restroom and shower facilities**
Some shaded areas
Adjacent buildings available to enhance your camping event
Amenities: restaurants, casino, horse track, and ice rink
Harrington Raceway and Casino is located on the Fairgrounds at the North end of the property. Customers can enjoy over 1,600 slots, over 30 tables and pull up a seat in their 100-seat poker room. Other seasonal activities include live Harness Racing. Harrington Raceway is one of the nation's oldest racetracks and has run a race meet every year since 1946. The lightning-quick half-mile oval was reconstructed prior to the 2003 spring meet by veteran trackmasters Dan and Greg Coon. The renovations resulted in wider turns, and ultimately a faster racetrack which has produced many track and national seasonal records over a half-mile racetrack. Some of the sport's top drivers and horses can be seen nightly during our racing season.
**Please note that water and restrooms are shut off and winterized in cold weather months. There are no water or restroom facilities open between mid-November and mid-April. Please inquire.
CAMPING RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Absolutely no subletting of a space is permitted.
2. Camping is restricted to designated areas only.
3. No alcoholic beverages may leave the campsite.
4. Campfires must be contained in a fire pit/ring and be off the ground.
5. Loud or abusive language and activities infringing upon the rights of others are strictly prohibited. We ask that everyone observe
quiet time after 11:00 PM. Quiet means no noise or activity that can be heard by your neighbor.
6. No person under 18 years of age shall occupy a camping area unless accompanied by an adult for the DURATION OF THE EVENT.
7. The Fair does not have sewer hookups. Dumpsites are available. Wastewater is not allowed on the ground. THIS INCLUDES DISCHARGE OF GRAY WATER.
8. A tow tank and/or holding tank must be used.
9. Pets must be leashed at all times. Owners are responsible for picking up and properly disposing of all pet waste in a trash receptacle. Loud/nuisance or aggressive pets are not permitted on the grounds.
10. Trash or refuse is to be placed in centrally located litter containers.
11. The Delaware State Fair REQUIRES THAT EXTENSION CORDS MUST BE 12/3 OR HEAVIER OR YOU MAY NOT HOOK UP.
12. USE of MOTORIZED OR GOLF CART TYPE VEHICLES IS PROHIBITED.
13. Bicycles and skateboards are prohibited on the Fairgrounds. Bicycles are permitted within the camping area only.
14. Please leave the grounds in the condition in which it was found.
15. FIREARMS, WEAPONS, EXPLOSIVES, FIREWORKS, METAL DETECTORS AND DRUGS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
16. A fire lane is to be maintained at all times.
17. Each camping patron agrees to hold The Delaware State Fair harmless against any loss, cost, damage, theft, or other expense, including reasonable Attorney’s fees incurred by it or any other person or persons by reason of the action of said camping patron while on the premises. The Delaware State Fair will not in any way hold themselves responsible for accidents, loss, and damage by water, fire, theft or otherwise whatever may be the cause of extent of the damage or loss, whether caused by the conditions of the premises, the error or omission or negligence of any employee or agent of The Delaware State Fair or otherwise.
18. Camping patrons who violate these regulations agree to leave the grounds within one hour and forfeit all rental fees: All decisions will be made by the Delaware State Fair or its representative and are considered final.
19. All fees must be paid on arrival date at the time of check in.
20. Cancellations before date of arrival are subject to loss of deposit. THERE IS A $40.00 RETURN CHECK FEE.
21. Water and restrooms are shut off and winterized in cold weather months. There is no water or restroom facilities open between mid-November and mid-April. Please inquire at check in of availability. Refer to site map below.
If you would like to book camping, would like to pay onsite or over the phone, or if you have any other questions, please call 302.398.7010 or Robin at 302.398.7005. Thank you!
CAMPING SITE MAP